my family

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An update on life






It's been awhile since I updated this thing so I think it's time!! Johns mom and brother came out to visit in April. It was really nice to have them out here! We did lots of fun things and laughed a lot. We really enjoyed them being out here and I hope they had a good time.






John was on leave for about 3 weeks, and he just went back to work last week. So it's been a little adjustment getting used to reality again! Crew and I have spent alot of time together since John went back to work. He always amazes me! He is so incredibly smart. Every day he learns something new and it is so incredible to watch him grow. The other day, Crew was sitting at the table eating Cheeze-its, he would take them out of the bowl and count them one by one, just like he always does. This time was different though. He started counting in Spanish!!! I just stared at him in shock. He counted all the way to 6 and then finished to 12 in English. I just couldn't believe it. I guess Dora does teach kids something.






I've started a new exercise. Spinning!!! Oh my gosh it is soooo much fun! I try to go everyday, but sometimes it doesn't happen. Being a mom always comes first. :D Anyways, it's such a great work out and it burns about 1200 calories every class. It starts really early, 5:15, but it's just so much fun I look forward to getting up that early. I have a great friend that keeps me motivated. Julie Alvarez. What a great person!! I just love her!! I haven't seen a difference on the scale yet, but I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off my hips. So exciting!! I now wear a size 8 in jeans....a size i haven't wore since I was 17. So here's to exercise and eating right!!! It acutally pays off!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried spinnning, but I love to bike. That is so exciting that you are seeing such excellent results from your spin class.

    Your photos look great, Crew is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete